Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay Rules and Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shikiku
Admin
Shikiku

Female
Number of posts : 38
Humor : Here, have a lollipop coated with novocai- uh, I mean sugar.
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Roleplay Rules and Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Rules and Guidelines   Roleplay Rules and Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello, and welcome to the RP category of Wolfang.
This will help you get the hand of roleplaying around here, and explain the rules you should follow as to not get in trouble.
I'll start with the rules.

RULES

1. No God-Mod.
-Basically what God-Mod is, is your character being all powerful and killing everyone easily. None of that. Your character has to have some weaknesses.

2. No Mary-Sues
-"Telltale signs of a Mary Sue include eyes that change colour, hair that takes more than three words to describe, speshul magik powers , gigantic angel/devil/demon/dragon wings, ability to master anything with ease, common names with unusual spellings (i.e. Faery, Ravyn, Jennifyr, Aeris, Elizabetteth Honey Moon) a cute baby version of an imaginary creature for a pet (baby ancient dragon, baby griffon, baby unicorn, baby great Cthulhu, baby goatse)." -Wikipedia
-"Mary Sue, sometimes shortened simply to Sue, is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character who plays a major role in the plot on such a scale that suspension of disbelief fails due to the character's traits, skills and abilities being tenuously or inadequately justified. Such a character is particularly characterised by overly idealized and clichéd mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors. Perhaps the single underlying feature of all characters described as "Mary Sues" is that they are too ostentatious for the audience's taste, or that the author seems to favor the character too highly. The author may seem to push how exceptional and wonderful the "Mary Sue" character is on his or her audience, sometimes leading the audience to dislike or even resent the character fairly quickly - kind of an "author's pet" effect." -Wikipedia
-Basically what I'm saying is: Your character must be rational.

3. PG-13 and Lower Please
-You can fight, but if it gets too bloody or violent, we'll need to stomp on your fun.
-You can have a mate, but no graphic sexual interaction. If you absolutely need to do so, keep it to PM's please.
-No strong language. Use '***'s.
-No conversation involving alcohol or drugs.

4. No Harassing Others
-That means no criticizing other's characters or ideas.

5. Report Any Behavior Issues
-Send me or AdminFireWolf a PM with the malicious person's username.

Guidelines
These are not rules, just things that might make things smoother.

1. When RP'ing, complete sentences are better than saying something like: *eats pancake*.
For example: She ambled slowly to the table, where a plate of toasty blueberry pancakes lay.

2. If you're not sure about something, don't post. Ask about it.

3. Use asterisks(*), dashes(-), or any other sign to show an action, unless you're following guideline number one.
Example: Mmm, those pancakes look yummy. *bashes head into fork* AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

4. You can join any of the terrains available, no matter what the description says.

-admin Shikiku
Back to top Go down

Roleplay Rules and Guidelines
Page 1 of 1